I don't have the Internet at home at the moment so it's hard for me to put new blog posts up, but I've got a good 'un in the pipeline. In the mean time, here's a sneaky post sent from my office desk with a real mind bending question:
Why is it that when you come around a corner, or open a door to something like a public restroom, and there's someone standing there we always say "sorry" to each other? Is it "sorry for opening the door at the same time as you"? "Sorry for existing in this moment of time and temporarily getting in your way"? Or even, "sorry for making you aware that other people exist and can be in places you weren't necessarily expecting them to be"?
I'm not talking about actually physically bumping into someone, just rounding a corner or discovering them on the other side of the door.
It baffles me every time.
Mull over that until I can post something with a bit more meat.
No comments:
Post a Comment